OFFICIAL JOB APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED TO THE MERCK JOB SITE AT www.merck.com
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck is on a quest for cures and is committed to being the world’s premier, most research-intensive biopharmaceutical company. Today, we’re doubling down on this goal. Merck Research Laboratories is a true scientific research facility of tomorrow, and will take Merck’s leading discovery capabilities and world-class small molecule and biologics R&D expertise to create breakthrough science that radically changes the way we approach serious diseases.
Merck is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of human pharmaceutical products, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all humankind.
The Analytical Sciences group within Merck Research Laboratories has an opening for a Senior Scientist based in Rahway, NJ. Join us and experience our culture first-hand — one of strong ethics & integrity, diversified experiences, exceptional science and a resounding passion for improving human health through innovative drug delivery technologies and predictive analytical tools. As part of our global team, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
In your role as Senior Scientist, you will be part of a team of Analytical Scientists developing innovative analytical methodologies to enable the development of early phase drug products and Final Market Images (FMI) that span a broad array of dosage forms, combination products and modalities through analytical characterization, imaging tools, and data analysis. You would also contribute towards regulatory submissions to enable clinical trials.
Your main responsibilities, which are in no particular order and are by no means complete, include:
• Drive solutions to development challenges of solid and sterile drug products for small molecules, peptides and oligonucleotides through active collaboration with cross functional project teams and external vendors
• Design scientific studies to inform the selection of early development and market formulation compositions and manufacturing processes using conventional and novel analytical technologies
• Document the execution, procedure, results, and conclusions of experiments in a detailed manner
• Develop and implement analytical methods utilized for both formulation development as well as methods for the release and shelf-life assessment of clinical supplies under GMP settings
• Author IND, IMPD, and NDA/WMA submissions as well as responding to agency questions and interacting with Health Authorities
• Strong collaboration with internal stakeholders and partners
• Analytical leadership on both drug development within the pipeline and innovative technolgy teams defining the dosage forms and analytical characterization tools of the future
• Present results of experiments and innovation efforts to teams and internal governance bodies
• Be a leader within the external scientific community in professional organizations, conferences, and publications as well as analytical technology and regulatory sciences related focus groups and consortia
Education Minimum Requirement:
Minimum 0-2 years of relevant industry experience for applicants with a PhD degree or graduating on or before Spring 2019, 4 years of experience with a Master’s degree, or 7 years of experience with a Bachelor’s degree.
Required Experience and Skills**:
This role requires a College or University (graduate school) degree in Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, other Life Sciences, or equivalent.
A proven record of strong technical problem solving and innovative research experience along with excellent written and oral communication skills, and interpersonal skills are necessary to qualify for this role.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
The ideal applicant would have hands-on experience in advanced chromatographic separation, spectroscopy analysis, or other analytical characterization technique. In addition, experience with dissolution analysis is also a plus.
Internal Number: PRE000681
This information WILL appear with your job posting but IS NOT the job posting itself. Please limit the profile to 100 words max.